The MEDC is supported by both the private sector and the public sector, coming together to promote economic development for the good of the Montgomery community as stated in our goals. Our Executive Board consists of area businesses, financial institutions and the Village of Montgomery, all of whom contribute their time and financial support to the furtherance of growth and development in Montgomery. Our General Growth Partners and Associate Partners are key to the support of our educational and networking activities.
CONSIDERING MEMBERSHIP IN THE MEDC?
Thank you for considering investing in the Montgomery Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) – an organization devoted to the promotion of economic development of Montgomery. Since the organization’s beginnings in 2003, the MEDC has assisted businesses grow, expand and locate in Montgomery through coordination with area businesses and organizations, taxing bodies, developers, real estate professionals, and property owners.
Click here to download the investor packet (.pdf)
Support Economic Development. When you become an MEDC Partner, you invest in your organization’s future by supporting Montgomery’s economic development public-private, non-profit partnership. The MEDC’s goals, listed below, are the guiding principles of the work that we do for members and non-members alike.
Receive MEDC Services. While members get our special attention, we provide the following services to the business and development community:
- Business Retention & Expansion Assistance
- Available Property/Building Promotion
- Issues Facilitation
- Retail and Industrial Attraction
- Networking Events
- Workforce Development Assistance
- Community Marketing and Promotion
- Financing Resource Assistance
Take Advantage of Tailored Assistance and Information. Whether you are a member or not, if your organization is in need of just a little local information or more in-depth assistance – let the MEDC know about it. If the MEDC does not already have the answer or information you seek, we will work to find you a resource useful to you. Our ongoing objective is to know your business needs so we can better assist you and the overall community.
Please, Invest in Montgomery. We ask for and count on your investment to support the activities and services the MEDC provides to promote economic growth and expansion in Montgomery. We hope that you will join the other businesses, organizations and individuals in MEDC membership, continuing to make Montgomery a great place to do business!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How is the MEDC different from the Greater Montgomery Area Chamber of Commerce?
Who are the current MEDC investors?
What are the goals of the the MEDC?
- Promote economic development, expansion and diversification within the Village of Montgomery;
- Encourage and provide positive direction to the development and improvement of trade and commerce in balance with and as a complement to the residential areas of the Village of Montgomery;
- Promote and assist the development of business concerns, including small business concerns;
- Benefit the Village of Montgomery measured by increased employment, payroll, business volume, and corresponding factors;
- Attract new business to the community and encourage the development and retention of business in the community; and
- Perform any and all such other acts as are necessary or desirable to carry out these objectives.
MEDC INVESTOR LEVELS & BENEFITS
The MEDC provides tailored benefits and assistance to members based on feedback from the New Member Meeting and as needed or requested. Membership funding, combined with the Village of Montgomery’s annual contribution, provides the annual budget for the MEDC operations. Because of your support the MEDC is able to assist in promoting economic development, expansion and diversification within Montgomery; promote and assist with business concerns; market Montgomery locations to new businesses; and encourage the growth and retention of existing businesses in the community. The MEDC offers three levels of membership including Executive Board Members, General Growth Partners and Associate Partners with the following benefits:
All MEDC Investors:
- Receive all MEDC press releases
- Receive the MEDC Network (E-Newsletter)
- Receive E-Newsflash
- List available properties on LOIS and Available Properties page of MEDC website
- Members listed on MEDC website
- Sponsorship/Networking at all Business Breakfasts
Associate Partners ($300-$999)
- Receive a Certificate of Membership
General Growth Partners ($1,000 - $4,999)
In addition to the benefits of Associate Partners, General Growth Partners benefits include:
- MEDC Quarterly Report
- Business name/logo on the MEDC Website with direct link to your website
Executive Board Partners ($5,000 & Up) 3-Year commitment requested
In addition to the benefits of General Partner, Executive Board Partners benefits include:
- Front Page Advertising on MEDC Website
- Company name included on MEDC Letterhead and for printed material at all MEDC Events
- Personal photo on the MEDC Website with an expanded biography of your business and community activities
- Opportunity to become MEDC Board Member and set policy and direction for the MEDC
Annual MEDC Activities (Networking, Public Relations & Business Support)
The MEDC hosts a number of events throughout the year to engage and get to know our members and community businesses better. Whether you choose to invest in the MEDC this year, please plan to join the MEDC at an upcoming event.
- Annual Dinner
- Golf Outing
- MEDC Business Breakfast Series
- Ribbon Cuttings & Ground Breakings
- Holiday Open House