The MEDC is supported by the private and public sectors in the region and the Village of Montgomery, coming together to promote Economic Development growth and stability in Montgomery, as stated in our goals. These goals are the guiding principles for the work we do.
What are the goals of the MEDC?
- Promote economic development, expansion and diversification within the Village of Montgomery
- Encourage and provide positive direction to the development and improvement of trade and commerce in balance with and as a complement to the residential areas of the Village of Montgomery
- Promote and assist the development of business concerns, including business concerns
- Benefit the Village of Montgomery measured by increased employment, payroll, business volume, and corresponding factors
- Attract new business to the community and encourage the development and retention of business in the community
- Assist the residents in the community to have sufficient job opportunities to stay in the community in which they live
- Assist the business community with employees and a workforce trained to keep their employees
- Perform any and all such other acts as are necessary or desirable to carry out these objectives.
Executive Board consists of individuals from area businesses, financial institutions, and the Village of Montgomery, all of whom contribute their time, talents, and financial support to further the growth and development of the Village. Our General Growth Partners and Associate Partners are key to the support of our educational and networking activities.
- Carl Buddig & Company
- Engineering Enterprises, Inc.
- IBEW Local 461
- Rush-Copley Medical Center
- Village of Montgomery
General Growth Partners
- Accredited Data Centers
- CenterPoint Properties
- Dolan & Murphy
- Douglas Carpet One
- First National Bank
- Fox Metro
- Kendall County
- Lakone Industries
- Montgomery Truck Parking
- Old Dominion Freight Lines
- Old Second National Bank
- Oswego Community School District #308
- OZINGA Ready Mix concrete
- Performance Foodservice-Chicago
- R.Time Investments, L.L.C.
- Waubonsee Community College
- Weblinx Inc.
Considering Membership in The MEDC?
Investing in the Montgomery Economic Development Corporation is an investment in your own business, as well as the Economic Development stability and diversification of Montgomery, thus making it a win-win situation. The MEDC is an exceptional opportunity to be involved in your community and make a difference. Since The MEDC was organized in 2003, it has helped area businesses grow and expand, and assisted new business ventures to locate within Montgomery. The MEDC utilizes its experience through coordination of area businesses and organizations, taxing bodies, developers, real estate professionals, and property owners.
Tailor-Made Assistance & Information for YOU! If your organization needs local information or more in-depth assistance – let the MEDC know. If we don’t already have the answer or information you need, we’ll work hard to find you the resources you need. Our ongoing objective is to keep your business successful and in our community.
Invest in Montgomery. We hope you will join all the other local businesses, organizations, and individuals who are MEDC Members and who are investing in our community. By doing so, we can all continue to make Montgomery a great place to work and grow. We count on your financial support through Membership to continue the services and activities we utilize to promote economic growth and expansion in Montgomery. Thank you for your consideration.
While our Members get our special attention, we also provide the following services to the local business and development communities:
- Available Property/Building Promotion
- Business Retention & Expansion Assistance
- Community Marketing & Promotion
- Community Tours
- Financial Resource Assistance
- Issues Facilitation
- Job posting options
- Marketing & Social Media assistance
- New Business Start up assistance
- Networking Events
- Retail & Industrial Attraction
- Workforce Development Assistance
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How is the MEDC different from the Greater Montgomery Area Chamber of Commerce?
MEDC INVESTOR LEVELS & BENEFITS
The MEDC provides tailed benefits and assistance to Members based upon feedback or as needed or requested. Membership funding, combined with the Village of Montgomery’s annual contribution, provide the annual budget for MEDC operations. The MEDC runs an annual golf outing which is also a source of income for the organization. It is the support of our members that help the organization continue to promote economic development, expansion and diversification within the Village of Montgomery; continue to promote and assist with business concerns; continue to market Montgomery locations to new businesses; and continue to encourage the growth and retention of existing businesses within the community. MEDC offers three (3) levels of membership: Executive Board Members, General Growth Partners, and Associate Partners, each with the following benefits of membership:
ALL MEDC Investors Receive:
- MEDC Press Releases
- MEDC Network E-Newsletter
- MEDC E-Newsflash
- Authorization to list available properties on LOIS and “Available Properties” page of MEDC website
- MEDC website Membership listing
- Sponsorship/Networking opportunities at all MEDC Business events
Associate Partners (investment of $250 – $999) $50.00 discount if previous member or also current GMACC Chamber of Commerce member:
- Certificate of Membership
- Business name listed on MEDC website with link to your web site
- Business name listed on all Newsletters
- Attendance and Agendas for BCEC, Business Climate Meetings
- Opportunity for seat on Board
- Opportunity to advertise your business and/or event
General Growth Partners (investment of $1,000 – $4,999) Receive:
- All of the above PLUS
- Priority for open seats in this category
- Priority for exclusive or limited events
- Priority for advertising
Executive Board Partners* (investment of $5,000 & up)
- All of the above PLUS
- Automatic seat on the MEDC Board to set direction for organization
- Front-Page advertising on MEDC website
- Company name included on MEDC letterhead and on all printed material for MEDC Events
- Personal photo on the MEDC website, together with an expanded biography of your business and community activities
Annual MEDC Activities (Networking, Public Relations, and Business Support)
The MEDC hosts a number of events throughout the year to engage and get to know our Members and community businesses better. Whether or not you choose to financially invest in the MEDC, plan to join us at an upcoming event. See you there!
- Community Tour
- Golf Outing (September)
- Ground Breakings
- Holiday Appreciation Party (December)
- MEDC Business Educational Meetings
- Breakfast and networking meetings
- Ribbon Cuttings & Grand Openings
- Partnership events with other EDC offices
- Partnership events with Kane & Kendall Counties
- Partnership events with Waubonsee Community College